Lit from Within: Here Be Dragons!
-->

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Here Be Dragons!


Hello, Fireflies!

I can't believe it's already September! I really enjoyed doing all those jewelry-inspired manis last month, but it's time to move on. This month's theme is "Pets".. well, very loosely interpreted...  I have two stamped nailarts today inspired by a fantasy pet - Dragons!

I'm watching Game of Thrones, are you?  My husband read all the books, but I'm not sure I'm in for that kind of commitment.  I do enjoy watching Daenerys Targaryen and her pet dragons, though!  Also, I wouldn't mind having my own Fearless from How To Train Your Dragon!

I started with a radial gradient of a bunch of different greys.


One of the greys, Glitter Gal Glitter Gal Distorted Platinum has a greenish/blue/purple shift, which reminded me of dragon scales, so I pulled out a new-to-me stamping plate from Nailways with lots of dragons on it.


I think the different dragons look so cool stamped over this gradient!


Very dark and mysterious dragons!


Bottle shot:  CbL Leather & Lace, Orly Mirrorball, Glitter Gal Distorted Platinum, Glitter Gal Big Smoke, and Sally Hansen Big Smoky Top Coat.

Bottle shot:  CbL Leather & Lace, Orly Mirrorball, Glitter Gal Distorted Platinum, Glitter Gal Big Smoke, and Sally Hansen Big Smoky Top Coat.

Bonus dragons! I pulled this Chinese-style dragon nail art from the vault.
I love how the double stamping gives dimension to the nail art.

Dragon nail art


Bottle shot:  OPI Push and Shove, MdU Blue Grey, Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

Bottle shot:  OPI Push and Shove, MdU Blue Grey, Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

What would be your dream fantasy pet?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...