Lit from Within: Chevron Couture
-->

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Chevron Couture


Hello, Fireflies!

Today, I'm sharing the second installment of this month's "fashion" challenge with a look at some chevron nails I did to go with a dress of mine, plus the makeup look I did with it.  Get ready for lots of teal!

I've tried doing chevron nails without a template, with a homemade template, and with a nail vinyl template .  Hands-down, no contest, the nail vinyl is sooo much easier for me.  I started with a base of Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, and when it dried, applied the chevron stickers, painted LynBDesigns Teal The Cows Cows Come Home on top, and quickly and carefully removed the stickers.
I love that shimmer! I think it went really well with my dress, too.


None of the pictures I took of the whole outfit came out, and this was the best shot of the top of the dress.  The whole dress is the same fabric, with the chevrons meeting in the middle of the front and back.
FOTD with Tarte Romancing The Glow
For my FOTD, I used the Tarte Romancing The Glow palette - pretty much all the shadows, and the blush, Laura Mercier primer, UD eyeshadow primer, UD Perversion eyeliner, IT Cosmetics Hello Lashes Extensions mascara, Revlon Just Bitten stain in Twilight, Cover FX CC Cream, Tarte Achiote Blush, Too Faced Bulletproof Brows in Brunette, and NARS Crystal translucent loose powder.
EOTD with Tarte Romancing The Glow
I really like wearing the blue and brown together, and that ultra-black eyeliner is as close to goth as I get, pretty much!

Have you tried chevron nails with stickers before?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...