Lit from Within: Stripey Socks Stamping Succ... Fail
-->

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Stripey Socks Stamping Succ... Fail


 Hello, Fireflies!

The stamping challenge for this week was announced late, and it was a free-stamping day.  So, being that I've been getting into the Halloween spirit, I wanted to do something in that vein.

I started with Milani Enchanted Emerald, one of their new (I think LE) creams.  It was much darker than I thought it would be, but still a gorgeous color.

Milani Enchanted Emerald

I saw these stripey socks stamp and it reminded me of the Wicked Witch of the West's socks - or any witch's socks, really... or Beaker's socks (Beaky! I didn't know you wore stripey socks!) if you're a Muppet fan.

Ok, what is with that 'Natural Milk Product' stamp?  First of all, I can't imagine it fitting on anyone's nails.  Secondly... why? Is it just me?


I used Face Stockholm Thea, a light green holo, to stamp on the socks.  The polish stamped fine, though I messed it up a little by double stamping.

What I don't get is why does it look like socks and feet on the plate, but look like tire tracks on my nails?  I even tried to do a long stamp over my ring and pinky fingers, but it just doesn't come together.
 

Thea sure is pretty on its own, though.  Really nice mirror finish and rainbow!


Tell me the secrets, o' Fireflies, of making the stamp look like it does on the plate! lol.

12 comments:

  1. What a bummer that your stamping didn't turn out exactly how you thought it would. Sometimes, my stamping is kind of a fail too. I just have to practice and make sure the polish I'm stamping with is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow a blogger that has a series on stamping right now. Her blog is: http://www.bettysbeautybombs.com/ I get the same problems and I followed her tips, and they seem to help. I had to go through 3 different types of stampers on one plate to pick up an image. It's frustrating for sure. It could be the polish or the stamper I also give the image on my stamper a good look before I plop the image down. I have a bundle monster holiday set that hates me. LOL. I hope you check out her blog and that it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stamping looks a million times worse, trust me! And that's a gorgeous holo by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um... that holo is EVERYTHING. :D I need to pick up more stamps... I'm having way too much fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't ask me. I keep looking at my stamping stuff and simply throw my hands up in the air and say "pfft".

    ReplyDelete
  6. The holo is gorgeous ! I really like how you share how stuff fails from time to time

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate when the stamp doesn´t look on my nails as it should :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh well! At least that base color is bumping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stamping seems way too difficult for me, haha! Boy, Theo is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am stamping illiterate! haha! I love that holo though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that holo. And the green does go on darker than I thought it would!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...