Lit from Within: Aly's Melon Balls of Steel Blue #NailArtForNubs
-->

Monday, April 21, 2014

Aly's Melon Balls of Steel Blue #NailArtForNubs

Hello, Fireflies!

Sometimes, I put together a few polishes, and I'm not sure where I'm going when I start, but something kinda cool happens when I figure it out.  I didn't know what I was doing when I started this nail art - and some of you might argue that I didn't know what I was doing when I finished, either... but I like it!

I started out with Aly's Dream Polish Melon, a pretty, feminine peachy-pink scattered holo.  I love that it's not so pink, and it's not quite peach, either.

Aly's Dream Polish Melon, a pretty, feminine peachy-pink scattered holo

I added Aly's Dream Polish Deep Steel Blue, leaving Melon as a half-moon detail.  I really like layering holos together, especially from the same brand, because the texture just continues through both polishes!

I added Aly's Dream Polish Deep Steel Blue, leaving Melon as a half-moon detail

I wasn't sure that this metallic pink striper would look good, but I'm glad I tried it! I think it's awesome and bright and cheerful. I added the white in the spiked detail for some contrast.


The metallic pink almost looks like striping tape, it's so opaque and shiny.


Bottle shot: Aly's Dream Polish Melon and Deep Steel Blue, and nail art stripers in metallic pink and white.

Bottle shot: Aly's Dream Polish Melon and Deep Steel Blue, and nail art stripers in metallic pink and white.

I love getting inspiration from other nail artists, but sometimes I surprise myself and come up with something I love all by myself! Have you ever created a look - either an outfit, or makeup, etc, and were just pleased with what you came up with?


In case you missed it, I reviewed both March and April's Ipsy bags earlier today! Click here to go to the post!

2 comments:

  1. Nice details using the striper polish! I need to get some more in different colors. I only have a black and white one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the nail art you did here, it reminds me of something you'd get at the salon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...